We have recently been sent several copies of this huge, glossy camping cook book by Linda Ly, and have 3 copies to giveaway!
The book is an absolute powerhouse, packed full of recipes, advice and tips for the budding campsite chef. It is American, but the recipes are very easily translatable, and include a variety of American style recipes (and we all know how seriously the US take their cook outs) along with a plethora of Mediterranean, Asian, and meze style dishes.
The format is well thought out, starting with a preparation section which covers:
• Essential outdoor cooking gear
• Food / storecupboard ideas
• Cooking styles, including a detailed section on setting up a real campfire for cooks
• Woodland cooking safety
• Food safety
• How to pack a cool box for your trip
• Meal planning and organisation
There are easy symbols beside each recipe, to show difficulty and type, and the book is then broken down into breakfasts, midday meals, snack, sweets, drinks and evening meals, many of which are interchangeable. Some are grill recipes, but it also utilises casserole dishes and pans, giving real variety for the serious cook. There are savoury porridge ideas, pancakes, kebabs, stews and much more, all beautifully illustrated with simple instructions and minimal ingredients.
Some recipes require a little home preparation, but for the most part of easily incorporated into the repertoire of anyone looking for inspiration to create exciting, healthy and flavour packed meals away from home. Most dishes would work equally well in a domestic kitchen or on a home barbecue too, so this is a real keeper.
To buy your copy, visit: www.quartoknows.com
To be in with a chance to win, simply answer the following question:
Closing date February 28th 2018
Further Ts and Cs available online
Terms & Conditions Apply
- No purchase necessary
- Closing date February 28th 2018
- Automated / bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified
- This competition is open to all UK residents
- The prize must be accepted as offered, and once the prize is awarded, HAQ Publishing Ltd has no further liability to the winners
- Only one entry can be made per person
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 to enter the competition
- Winners will be notified by email after the closing date
Desktop version | Mobile version